Friday, February 25, 2011

reading CAN be fun

ever supportive of my beer addiction, angela got me this book. it's a great way of keeping a journal of all of the beers that i try. it's pocket sized, and has pre-printed sections, where you just fill in the info, stats, thoughts on each beer.

but my favorite thing about it, is the FLAVOR WHEEL. this is a neat little invention that allows you to basically draw a picture of how a beer tastes. the wheel has several different flavor categories on it, such as sweet, sour, burnt, toffee, hoppy, spicy, malty, etc. the more a beer encompasses that flavor, the further out on the wheel you put a dot. for lower values of flavor, the closer to the wheel's center you draw a dot. then you just connect the dots. i thought this was a pretty cool innovation, and perfect for a beer nerd like me.

here is a sample of my book:

i'm a dork


my book is already almost full (i blame San Francisco), so it's time to order more from the website.
3 for $10 ain't bad. i hope they get here soon, i'm thirsty.

No comments:

Post a Comment